News Source: www.news.gov.hk
Restaurant cluster grows
News Source/Courtesy: www.news.gov.hk

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)

The Centre for Health Protection today announced that 10 more confirmed COVID-19 cases related to a restaurant cluster have been identified.

The centre’s Principal Medical & Health Officer Dr Albert Au told reporters at a press briefing this afternoon that 22 additional confirmed cases are being investigated and that 17 of the cases are locally infected.

Dr Au explained that of the 10 new cases related to Mr Ming’s Chinese Dining restaurant, one is a worker's close contact, two are patrons and seven are family members or close contacts of patrons.

There are now 44 patients involved in the restaurant cluster, he added.

Of the locally infected cases, four are untraceable, one of which involves a 20-year-old man who works in Sport Gallery in Mong Kok.

Dr Au said: “Our preliminary investigation revealed that his mother and his elder brother also tested preliminary positive.

“However, another friend, who lives together with this case, had developed symptoms and she was sent to Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s accident and emergency department for testing and the result is still pending.

“For this cluster, the case with the earlier onset is the friend of this case. However, as she has not yet tested positive, she’s not a preliminary positive case yet.

“She worked in the K11 MUSEA in a shop on the ground floor. However, she did not patronise Mr Ming’s Chinese Dining restaurant and did not go there. So far there’s no direct epidemiological linkage with the Mr Ming’s cluster.”

Dr Au pointed out that if this person tests positive for COVID-19, the centre will check if the infection is linked with other K11 MUSEA cases.

Additionally, 19 buildings and workplaces are now covered by compulsory testing notices.

People who had been at these premises for more than two hours from February 15 to 28 must undergo testing by March 2.

As a student of Sir Ellis Kadoorie Secondary School (West Kowloon) in Tai Kok Tsui was confirmed positive, staff and students of the school must undergo compulsory testing as well.

The Government will set up more mobile specimen collection stations on March 1 and the service period of some mobile stations will be extended.

For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Government's dedicated webpage.

Fill the numbers here
If not readable, please refresh.
Refresh

News Source: www.news.gov.hk

You Might Also Like

Leave A Comment

Don’t worry ! Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked (*).

Fill the numbers here
If not readable, please refresh.
Refresh

Fill the numbers here
If not readable, please refresh.
Refresh

-: Disclaimer :-


This article has been aggregated from www.news.gov.hk and they maybe/are the copyright owners of the same. If you are the Author/Copyright owner of this article and want us to remove the same then send an email to admin@blog.restaurant so that we can delete it immediately. We sincerely regret and apologies for any inconvenience caused to you due to the same. Though it is your decision but please take note that the link to your website and the article have been given above, within and on the bottom of the article.

Recommended Posts

Voting Poll